What is the Employee Assistance Program?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential, short-term counselling service to assist employees with work or personal issues impacting on their performance. Employees attend EAP on a voluntary basis. Confidential EAP services are also available to all leaders to assist them in addressing their own issues that could be impacting on their quality of work or personal relationships.
Why have an EAP?
Identifying and addressing problems at work can be stressful for both the employee and the leader. Experience has shown, however, that when people are helped to overcome their problems, whether they are personal or work related, they can emerge as more valuable employees. With the EAP, professional counsellors are on-hand to help resolve these issues. Assure’s EAP provides support and coaching across a wide range of areas including:
- General feelings of anxiety, stress or depression
- Feeling overwhelmed by pressures placed on you in the workplace and/or situations at home
- The difficulties faced with fly-in fly-out work arrangements
- Personal issues with your partners or other people close to you
- Family challenges such as divorce, serious illness or a death in the family
- Conflict with a team member or members
- Frustration with lack of career progression
- The struggle to successfully return to work after a period of extended leave
Who can access the EAP?
- The employee
- The employee’s immediate family – where appropriate
- The employee and employer cooperatively
- Managers and leaders