Erin Hegerty, Assure Programs explains the benefits of the Assessment
A healthy workplace is good for employees and good for business
1,000 NSW small businesses can get FREE expert WHS Advice for their workplace to help them create a healthier work environment. Funded by the NSW Government, as part of its Mentally Healthy Workplaces Strategy 2018-2022, the WHS Advice will be delivered by Assure Programs, Australia’s leading provider of workplace wellbeing services.
Returns on investment in workplace health
- For every dollar invested in workplace health and wellbeing programs there is a return on investment of between three and six dollars
- Employees’ work performance can be improved by 4-15% through participation in regular physical activity
- Organisations that implement health and wellbeing strategies can reduce their employees’ health risk factors by up to 56%
- Productivity gains of up to 15% can be achieved by upgrading the workplace environment
- Estimated average ROI from Australian workplace wellness programs is 300%. Some international experiences have been quoted as high as 1,300%.
- Organisations involved in health and wellbeing programs report a 50% reduction in injury rates and claims
How the WHS Expert Advice Program works
The Program is conducted over a six month period, but only involves a few hours of your time. Once you’ve registered your business, you complete an online assessment. Then you participate in at least two personal consultations with qualified industrial psychologists, a couple of months apart.
You receive email updates during the assessment period, and then a final personal evaluation. As a result of the advice, you’ll develop your own workplace wellbeing plan to be reviewed in the final evaluation. You have support throughout the assessment to assist you in developing your plan.